Monday, March 10, 2014

My First Winged Liner...Semi Fail!

Yes! I did a winged liner! I am not ashamed to say I had never done one on myself before. I mean, I may have on a small scale, but whatever I had done in the past was nothing compared to the look I had yesterday. Check out the picture down below!

 Ahahahaha! I can't help but burst into laughter when I see these pictures! Yesterday was also my first time wearing contacts for a full day. Obviously I think I have to be bug eyed and alien-ish to take a picture! Don't ask me why, it was an automatic reflex. I am going to try my hardest to master this, cause that ain't cute. Girl! Plus I spent too much money on those contacts and another pair so I'm wearing them! I have to get my moneys worth, lol!
Anyway, as you can see....My liner is poppin, my liner is hot <---(Lil Mama's "My Lipgloss" tune) hehe!
Yeah, it looks awesome. The way it performs is a whole different story. Urg! So I used the KLEANCOLOR eyeshadow pot in #08 Galaxy. Yes the shadows I had previously written about that did not set. Wh yI thought it would be different on my eyes than it was in the swatch....I don't know. I'd be lying if I gave you a reason. It was a mess! I have very heavy eyelids and there isn't a lot of space there to play with. SO when I do this look again it is going to have to be absolutely smudge proof. Every time I looked up or down or sideways, hell if I blinked the liner transferred from the lash line to my eyelid. Every time I looked in a mirror it appeared as if I had given myself a cut crease. It wasn't ugly....but that wasn't the look I was going for. Talk about being angry and being that annoying girl in the room constantly checking my makeup in my compact or phone. Towards the end of the day I had gone from having a winged liner over a soft mauve-y pink lid to having a winged liner over a dark purple eye because I had to keep smudging and blending out the transfer. Not fun!

All in all, I loved how I looked, but I will never use the KLEANCOLOR eyeshadow pot as a liner again. As soon as I was able I went out and picked up a few different options to redo the look in the future. I was so proud of how it came out for a first time. I was never confident that a winged liner would be a good look for my face. Guess I was wrong. What do you think? Yay, or nay?!

I'm glad you came by for this Pretty Moment. Can't wait to share a million more!
XOXOX

No comments:

Post a Comment