Thursday, March 6, 2014

Swatches! KLEANCOLOR Eyeshadow Pots!

After digging through my ShopMissA.com box and getting excited over the number of awesome products I was able to get for the amazing price of 1 buck a piece, I swatched the eyeshadow pots by KLEANCOLOR. Automatic habit for the beauty obsessed, of course! I grabbed a brush and started swiping. I smoothed them all on heavy and was so excited to see how the colors were true to the pot itself. I was all too excited! I couldn't believe how great they were for the price. After staring at my arm like a kid in a candy store for a few mins, I tested the wear of each color.







Oh no!! They smudged....I could paint all the way around my arm with one swipe. What the heck!!!! They never dried.
#TeamDisappointed, without a doubt. These were nothing like my Maybelline Color Tattoos!!! But I'm not one to waste money and I refuse to let a purchase go to waste. After experimenting I realized that they were not a lost cause after all. With the KLEANCOLOR  eyeshadow pots you have to start light and build. That way you get a smooth finish and no smudging after you think all your work is done. The color will be a little lighter than the pot and somewhat iridescent but that's not a bad thing.

After playing around a bit I did find one way to get the eyeshadow pots to be true to color. This is something I have never done before, and it seems a little odd. But of course there is nothing new under the sun and I'm sure it's been done before, or maybe not. Anyway....I set the eyeshadow with finishing powder!! After that...the color could be put on heavy and thick and set to a true to pot finish and no smudging. That got me happy again!

All in all, I love the range of colors I can get from one pot. These definitely won't be a go to set of shadows but I'm no bothered by the bump in the road... Why?! Because you get what you pay for sometimes and they were only a dollar! The pics tell it all!


Thanks for having this Pretty Moment with me. Latah!

No comments:

Post a Comment